Are you using MS Teams as a VLE?
Are you having conversations with your IT department?
Are you asking the right questions?
Many learning providers are using MS Teams for both live and asynchronous delivery. We asked Microsoft for their top tips when using Teams as a virtual learning environment. Here’s what they said…
Top 10 Tips
For teachers and managers:
- Where possible, use the Teams app rather than your web browser.
- Check your app is up to date. Top right in Teams app > Profile picture > Check for the Updates option.
- Learn how to use Teams. Bottom left in Teams app > Help > Training. Also, have a look at the What’s New option to see the latest feature changes.
- If you experience a problem, report it directly to Microsoft (as well as your own IT team). Bottom left in Teams app > Help > Report a problem.
- You can use the ‘assignments’ function in the education version of Teams to mark, feedback and return work. You can share work outside your organisation using SharePoint. Is this facility available in yours?
- You can use the ‘breakout’ function to support live online teaching. Has this been enabled in yours?
- You can share files with your class. Do you know how this works?
For IT teams:
- You can use the FastTrack service from Microsoft which is there to remotely help you deploy Teams. It’s included in your Microsoft 365 subscription
- You can use policies or policy packages to control what can and can’t be done in Teams
- You can use the Teams Call Quality Dashboard to give an insight into any problems.
Contact email@example.com for more information